Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mile 30 - 38 - Like brushing the teeth and taking a shower.

Miles 30-39 have been quite uneventful. As you can probably already assume after my lack of social network documentation. All is not lost as this marks a milestone, so to speak. I've reached a benchmark. The point when the run truly and simply becomes a part of ones life. A part of ones daily routine. Like brushing your teeth, taking a shower, blow drying the hair.  For this reason, I decided to work on the idea of sustainable incorporation into my life after the 6 weeks is complete. With this in mind, I decided to run the route closest to my flat and one that I also quite enjoy. Back to the same route as Mile 5 and 11. The perfect combination of hustle and bustle with some incline and decline. The mile finally feels better than walking . I consider the fact that I can now run a mile with zero frustration or hardship to be a success!

Tonight - Mile 40, I'm FINALLY going for a run on a treadmill! Gosh how I've missed the luxury of running in place with zero worries in the world. Totally zoned-out of reality. And if there's a TV attached- good heavens I might actually cry tears of joy. I miss being able to jump on a treadmill, tune in to a TV show, and completely zone out. Not THAT'S when running becomes fun. Maybe someday, soon, I'll be able to afford a gym membership -but only if I have my own personal TV screen attached.

In lieu of photo documentation I leave you with a successesory....

No comments:

Post a Comment