Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Every beginning is another beginning's end

For those of you wondering; did she complete the 6 weeks? The answer is a resounding, yes! Why not blog about it? Looking back, I was under some philosophical belief that if I wrote of the end, it would in fact be the end. Well the truth is the end came without the pen to paper, so just let it be known that the end comes regardless of proclamation!

I'm happy to say the final mile was spent on a location previously blogged about in the beginning of this journey, Regent Street. At mile 2 or 3 I described Regent Street as the most congested street in London. Thus, the idea of parading myself up Regent Street, in spandex, dodging the people and the shopping bags, has to be the epitome of a confident runner, yes? The run was glorious, bobbing up from Piccadilly Circus, passing Oxford Circus, up towards Regent's Park and Primrose Hill. I ended with a victory run up Primrose Hill only to collapse with exhaustion once at the top and surrounded by picnickers and snogging couples. Somewhere there's a picture of a couple with me in the background collapsing to the grass, smiling.

Now, with my London life behind me, I'm back in Texas continuing my search for stability and career. As I move restlessly into a new life chapter, I feel the urge to embark on another 6 weeks challenge. Running the streets of London, Italy, and Germany were some of the happiest moments of my life ( yes, I've yet to hit the traditional celebratory milestones of a 30 year old women, so humor me). I hope to continue the exploration here in the US. At some point , soon!

In the meantime, checkout the photos from the final run of the 6 weeks. Oh to be back on that hill!







No comments:

Post a Comment